For Ellie's first Independence Day we did a whole lot of nothing.
That's right.
Clayton had the day off, but was contemplating picking up a day shift for the holiday incentive. He decided at the last minute to stay home, BUT we decided if we did do something, we didn't want to be out all night because I was exhausted and he had to work the next day.
My dad went to Brigham City to spend time with my step-mom's family, Clay's family lives an hour away, and my mom and step-dad had to work. We decided we would buy some sparklers for Ellie and grill some hot dogs and hamburgers with my brothers, head home as it started getting too dark, and call it good.
Ellie had a cute little red outfit on, but by the time I got my camera out I changed her into something a little warmer as there was a tiny breeze and her legs felt cold.
| Fourth of July family pic : Take One |
| Fourth of July family pic : Take Two... a little better. |
I bought a box of sparklers for Ellie, thinking she MIGHT care. She didn't.
| Sisi cared. |
| Not impressed. |
Ellie proceeded to not care about the entire evening.
| I imagine Ellie is saying "fireworks are stupid dad, take me home NOW!" |
We set off some fireworks that may or may not have been legal, and proceeded to head home. It was probably the most uneventful Fourth of July in the history of Kortney, but I was happy to get some sleep, so that's okay. Hopefully Ellie gives a crap about our country's big day next year. Haha. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment