Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ellie Grace: Two Months


So... The quality of pictures on the last few posts updated from my phone aren't the greatest.  Oops. Anyways....

Yup... my baby girl turned two months old on the eighth of August.  I can't believe she is two months old.  It has been the fastest two months EVER.  

Ellie had her two month check-up on the ninth of August.  She weighed 12 pounds, 1 ounce and was 23 and 3/4 inches long.  She is in the 95th percentile for height and 90th percentile for weight.  Her head is 40 cm in circumference, which is also in the 90th percentile.  She fits great into her 0-3 month tops.  Newborn bottoms fit her much better than her 0-3 month bottoms around the waist, but they are too short!  My girl is super tall and skinny!  Case in point - she just barely "graduated" from newborn diapers to size 1 diapers about three weeks ago.

Ellie did great when she got her shots.  It took a minute for her to realize what was going on, and as soon as she did she started screaming.  The nurse who gave them to her was wonderful, she stuck her really fast, and I was able to pick Ellie up pretty quickly and calm her down.  We gave her some Tylenol afterwards.  She was a little moody and pretty sleepy that night.  The next day she was pretty fussy and had an upset belly. By the third day, we had our happy baby back.  (Minus her regular nightly colic/fussy episodes.  But we are used to those.)

Ellie started sleeping through the night again.  It's fantastic.  She'll go to bed anywhere between 9 and 11 at night, and then wake up anywhere from 4-7 am to eat.  She then goes back to bed for a few hours.  However, she is a terrible napper.  She will take these little "power naps" that are around half an hour, and then she's awake and wants to be involved in EVERYTHING.  Haha.  She's really started talking and grabbing onto things.  She has really started paying attention to her daddy.  When he comes home from work, she is glued to him.  She gives him the BIGGEST smiles.  It's pretty much the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

Ellie will lift one eyebrow at a time and it's hilarious.  We noticed it (on video) when she was about ten days old.  I caught it while taking pictures of her to document her being two months old.  (Bandaids are from her shots.)

Here it is again.  What a little turd.  :)
These pictures were taken the day after she got her shots.  This is the closest I got to a smile.  
I can't believe how much this girl has grown since we brought her home.
First day home -  June 10th, 2013
Exactly two months later - August 10th, 2013

We've done a lot of fun things the last month.  We found some free tickets to the zoo, and we ended up taking Ellie and my baby sisters on a whim.  

Aunt Kenzie, Aunt Kelsey, Elliot and her daddy.
Our family in the smelly giraffe house.
Ellie's first carousel ride with her daddy.
My brother Brandon dabbles in photography.  We decided to build a makeshift studio, and had a good time taking pictures of Ellie.  These are ones I took on my cell phone.  Brandon has been busy with summer semester and has yet to edit the ones he took on his fancy-pants camera.  But these will give you an idea of what our fun photo shoot was like.  :)

She slept for maybe.... two minutes?  Haha.  Made getting some of the shots we wanted rather difficult.  
My baby pulls the best faces.  
Love this smile!!!
We also went to Yuba Lake for a day with my mom and Gordon for his family's yearly camp-out.  Ellie looked so cute in her swimming suit.  I remember buying it when I was pregnant with her and counting down the seconds til I could stick her in it.  Ellie was great - she LOVED the boat!
How cute is this?  
Mom and Elliot. 
She hated her life jacket.  It looked so ridiculous, I could not stop laughing.   Yeah.... I'm THAT mom.  Haha. 
Ellie Grace and Grandma Kari.
LOVE.  
Crashed on the boat on Grandma's lap. 
Lunch-time in her floppy hat.  
The other day, I got to watch the girls while Kristen set up her classroom for the new year.  They came to our pool and swam.  We found a great swim diaper for Ellie, and took her to the pool for the first time.  She didn't hate it, but she didn't love it. She kept kicking her little feet.  Watching her play with her daddy in the pool melted my heart.  Everything he does with her melts my heart.  He's the best daddy, and Ellie definitely has him wrapped around her fingers. 

Kenzie and Kelsey in the pool.  Kenzie is 7 going on 16.  
Ellie and I lounging by the pool.  I'm down to one (or none!) Coke a day now.  I'm doing great, haha.  
Clay enjoying the sunshine.  I feel like I'm advertising something here...
Ellie has this cute little terry-towel robe that matches her swimming suit.   Having a baby girl is like having a life-sized doll to dress up everyday.  I never cared for dolls growing up, but I'm sure digging being a mom.  
Playing in the pool with her daddy.  



This weekend Clay and I went to Alan Jackson.  My dad decided to surprise my step-mom with tickets for their anniversary, and they joined us.  It was the first time I had been away from baby girl for more than an hour.  It was great to get out on a date with Clay though.  I've missed those.  The next night we had my cousin Kayden's wedding to go to.  We left Ellie again for about five hours.  That night it was pretty weird not to have her with us. 

Clay and I at Alan Jackson. 
This has been the best summer ever.  I've loved being able to stay home with Ellie all summer and get to know her in her first few months of life.  I finally go back to work (for real) this Saturday.  I "went back" a few Saturdays ago, and due to a scheduling error got to go home for two more weeks.  It was awesome.  And for now, I'm just working Saturdays, and Ellie only has to be with a "sitter" (her grandmas) twice a month.  I'm excited for "grown-up" time once a week for a few hours.  I swear, having a baby has made me a big social-retard.  I have totally forgotten how to converse with adults. I'm so grateful for my husband who works his butt off to support our family and who understands that it is important to me to be home with this beautiful baby girl as much as possible right now.  One day I'll go back to school, and one day I might pick up an extra shift or two, but right now I'm doing exactly what I know I should be doing - and that is enjoying my little piece of heaven on earth.  

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow, for babies grow up - we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.
(This hung on a wall in my room growing up on a cross-stitch made by my grandma Tina.  Whenever I  feel like I need to put baby girl down to do the laundry or dishes, this poem comes to mind.)  


1 comment:

  1. Love love love! Your mom looks like she is in grandma heaven!

    ReplyDelete