Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Gratitude Challenge : Day 16 and Random Mumblings

30 Days of Gratitude Challenge : Day 16

Today, I am grateful for Coca-Cola as silly as that may sound.  I keep swearing I'm going to quit drinking it.  But on days like today where I'm running on ten hours of sleep in two days, and am working an eleven hour shift after working a grave, I'm pooped!!  Grateful for the kick it gives me in the morning. :)

Last night Ellie and I watched Dumbo.  I forgot how much I hate that movie.  First, it's creepy.  I enjoy the circus - but the way it's portrayed in this movie is icky to me.  Second, I hate that those grown-up elephants are so mean to Dumbo because of his ears.  It seriously makes me angry. Third, when Dumbo and that mouse get drunk and they are hallucinating and see pink elephants... what. the. hell.  So as I'm reminded how much I hate Dumbo, what does Ellie decide to do?  Start laughing hysterically at it.  So guess what movie stayed on?  Good thing she's cute. 

Having dinner at my mom's tonight, and Clay heads back to work at the prison tomorrow.  I think we only have two days off together in the next two and a half weeks - we have both picked up extra shifts and are going to be super busy.  Good news is, Ellie only has to be babysat one day despite all the extra hours.  :)  I've said it before, but I'm super grateful that she's home with mom and dad 95% of the time.  Sure love our little.  Can't wait to get off work and see her. :)  Happy Saturday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment