Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ellie Grace : 11 Months & Picture Dump

Once again, I am behind on this blog.

I've started my new job, and I haven't quite figured out how to be back at work full time.  It really is exhausting.  Work is insane, and then I come home and chase E around for a few hours, try and get the house picked up and feed the family, get E in bed and by then I'm more than ready for bed myself.  It's going to take some adjusting, that's for sure.  Oh, and Clay started his new job.  We've been busy.

Ellie turned 11 months old two weeks ago.  And two weeks from today, my baby girl will be one.

(I sort of figured out the issue with my computer, so I'm going to dump a few pictures into this post and probably call it a night.)

I worked the day Ellie turned eleven months old, so I assigned Clayton picture taking duty.

Most of his pictures turned out like this, bahahaha.  She's a handful! But he ended up with a few cute ones.   :)
Yawn? Smile?  I'm not sure.  See those jeans?  Those are the first pair of skinny jeans E has ever worn.  We've always done jeggings.  The first few days I had her walk around in real jeans, she kept falling down.  She's now gotten used to them, and they are so cute on her.  



This face.  
Ellie is still floating between 9 month and 12 month clothing.  We won't have a doctor's appointment until July (I totally spaced making her 12 month appointment....ooops.) So I have no idea how much she weighs or how tall she is.  We are still in size 3 diapers.  We'll probably be moving into size 4 soon.

Yesterday, we tried to get Ellie to drink cow's milk.  She wants NOTHING to do with it.  If anyone has any tips on how to make this transition easier, we'd love to hear them.  Haha.  So I guess we'll still be buying formula for awhile.  She loves french toast, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs and cheese.  She gets really offended if you try to make her eat fruit or veggies, and they often end up on the floor.  She loves popsicles.  She's still figuring out the chewing thing, but has been doing a lot better.  

She still takes a morning and sometimes an afternoon nap, and still sleeps mostly through the night.  She's been getting up between two and four almost every night fussing, but will usually put herself back to sleep.

Ellie has turned into quite the character the last few weeks.  She is constantly screaming at the top of her lungs.  When she eats, she has started squeezing her eyes shut into the cheeziest smile, then bursts into giggles.  She has decided that Tangled is her favorite movie.  She will watch it over and over and over again, and dances/screams/giggles through the whole thing.  I've probably watched Tangled five times this weekend, and it was all so I could get in amazing baby snuggles with my girl.  It's the only way I can get her to sit still.  She's started giving the sweetest hugs ever.  Every animal says "mooooo".  Except chickens.  They "bawk bawk".  She has loved the warmer weather and absolutely loves being outside.  There have been a few times she and Clay have met me at my work, and she loves to walk around the mall like a big girl.  When you tell her no, she wiggles her finger "no".  When you tell her she stinks, she waves her hands in front of her nose.  She now knows where mom's eyes and mouth are.  I'm not proud of this - but she knows how to unlock my cell phone, and knows if she has it upside down.  I caught her swiping through the pictures in my picture gallery the other day.  Ellie loves other kids.  Loves them.  Tonight, she chased a little girl across our apartment's side yard pointing and wanting to play.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't baby hungry.  I'm so excited to make Ellie a big sister.   However, life has thrown some obstacles in our way lately, and that probably won't happen for awhile.  I'll live. :)  

And now, a photo dump.  

We went to Mike the Headless Chicken Days in Fruita, Colorado last weekend.  It was a great little vaca, and Ellie had a blast with her cousins.  

Grandma Kari bought Ellie a tye-dye hat and some Dippin Dots.  

Great Grandma Tina got to love on Ellie, and loved every second of it.  
See Zachary back there?  He won that dollar beating me in a Peep eating contest.  He was pretty proud, but the poor kid looked like he was going to vomit afterwards.  
E playing with Grandma Kari in Great Grandma Tina's back yard.  
She loved playing in the dirt. 


Emma followed E around the whole time we were there.  Ellie loved her, and they had so much fun together.
Yesterday, we went to the zoo with Brandon, Whitney and John and three of their nieces who were here from St. George.

Ellie rode an elephant on the carousel.   

And remember those pictures I tried to take of Ellie in the park over Easter weekend?  Well, I finally got some of them onto my computer.  Long story short, raw files + MacBook Pro = no dice.  I seriously hate Apple products.  But that's a rant for another day.  




Most of the pictures ended up like this.  She was not a happy camper.   

Don't mind us all squinting into the sunlight.
One of my new favorite pictures.  (I swear I say that every month when a new cute picture of E and her daddy appears.) 

I love these two.  So much.  
I'm not going to make any promises about my next post.  I hope it will be in two weeks when Elliot turns one.  It's been the fastest, craziest, hardest and best year of my entire life.  

P.s.  Tomorrow, three years ago, Clay asked me to marry him.  Best decision I ever made. 
 
We were such babies.  
P.s.s.  I miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment