My blog is aesthetically pleasing....until I publish it. Haha. Sorry for the many fonts/colors/shapes and sizes! :)
Ellie is three months old. And boy, does she think she is much, MUCH older.
Ellie is a giant! She is over two feet tall, and if I had to guess she probably weighs over 13 pounds. She is still wearing newborn and 3 month bottoms because she has such a tiny waist, and is still in size 1 diapers. She is wearing 3-6 month tops, and moving into 6 month pajamas. She's still super tall and super skinny!!
She doesn't seem to have as much hair as when she was born, and it seems to be lightening up a bit. It's SUPER curly. When she's had a bath and her hair is wet, it looks like she's had a perm. Throughout the day and as she lays down, she loses the curl though - just like her mom. :) Her eyes still seem to be a blueish-green color. I hope they stay that way!
She is still sleeping through the night and is still a terrible napper. She is also very active in her sleep. I will lay her in her crib facing one direction, and in the morning when I check in on her, she's usually done a 180 degree turn and is facing a completely different direction. Her crib is still in our room (her daddy thinks it's time for her to move to her own room.... I think I need another month or so...) and she sleep talks - just like her dad.
Speaking of talking...she LOVES to talk! If you catch her in the right mood, she will talk your ear off. She will smile all morning long. In the afternoon, she starts to get grumpy until she takes a short little nap, and the cycle continues. She takes these little naps around 12:30, 3:30 and 6:30. They are never very long, and I think I've probably babied her because she will only take naps during the day if we are cuddling. The second I put her down, she's wide awake. My mom tries to make me feel better by saying she's a light sleeper during the day and a deep sleeper at night. I think this MAY be true.... but I'm pretty sure she's been babied. Haha.
![]() |
| Taking a nap on mom. |
Ellie has laughed a handful of times, and it's the most adorable thing I've ever heard. Seriously. Nothing has melted my heart or brought me as much joy as hearing my daughter laugh. I love it!
Ellie has started pulling hair and earrings, and will grab and eat anything you put in front of her. She is CONSTANTLY eating her hands. She makes a little mouthguard in an L shape with her thumb and index finger and chews her gums with it perfectly. She also gags herself with it when she gets too carried away.
She's a pro at holding her head up during tummy time, and has started rolling from her belly to back very consistently. If you lean her body against yours when you are sitting on the couch, she will pull herself up off you. She isn't strong enough to stay in the sitting position though, and ends up eating her toes half the time. Speaking of toes - she has finally discovered them. She's grabbing them all the time. It's pretty cute.
She has also (much to my disliking) discovered that she can see herself on my phone. I have made the mistake of letting her watch herself on video from my phone. It's hilarious to watch her watch herself, but now she KNOWS that my phone is entertaining - and I don't like that. We only have one TV and will not ever have cable for a reason - I HATE when kids are glued to TVs/phones/iPods etc.. I want my kids to play with their toys and with each other and outside. So that's something I need to work on and do better - I don't want to raise a socially retarded child who won't put down electronic devices... sorry if that's offensive. Haha.
Ellie is a daddy's girl. She is GLUED to her daddy the second he gets home. It's pretty gosh darn cute.
Being a mom is awesome. I'm so glad that I am able to stay home with Ellie as much as I do - my husband is a freaking rock star. I know I say this all the time, but he works SO hard for us, and it means so much to me that I only have to work one day a week!! I have been picking up extra shifts lately as Clay and I have made some goals to get ahead, and so some of the days he has off that I can work and leave the babe with him for a few hours, I do. It'll be worth it in the end - but for the most part, I'm really only away from Ellie for about six or seven hours a week. It's a nice mental break for me to work and interact with grown ups (if you can call the folks I work with grown ups, haha) the time that I do. I honestly feel like it makes me a better mom - that mental break helps me refresh, even if it is work. I am so grateful my mom has the job that she does that allows her the time off that she has. Ellie LOVES her Grandma Kari. She does not stop smiling at her, and Ellie definitely has Grandma (actually... all her grandparents!) wrapped around her slobbery fingers. Enjoy a few three month pics for baby girl.
| Three months old!! |
| She's coughing in this picture. |
| Look how big she is getting!! |
| Reaching for the elephant.... |
| ....got it!! |
Bran got some pics back to me that he's edited of Ellie. My brother is one talented dude, and we have one insanely cute little girl. Until next time, I'll leave you with this. :)
Love this angel.





No comments:
Post a Comment