Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ellie Grace : Blessing Day

Ellie Grace was blessed today by her daddy.  



It was a great day surrounded by our family and friends. 

It seriously was the week from hell for me.  There was not a single night I spent at home - we had SO much to do between life in general and preparing for the blessing.  Then our car broke down.  Ellie had a sinus infection.  Clay worked all week.  On Friday, we found out our bishop had mistakenly scheduled Ellie's blessing on the same day as stake conference.  We had to change our entire blessing day plan - the time, the location and the menu (breakfast foods to lunch foods...some of which was already bought.  Thank goodness for my mother.).  I found this out right before I had to work a 12 hour grave yard shift from 10 pm to 10 am.  So.... I was awake from Friday morning at about 6 am until Saturday night until almost midnight.  That's 42 hours.  It was awesome.....  Let's just say by the time today rolled around, I was a grouchy, tired mess.  I was so delirious, I was putting licorice in the fridge thinking it was Coke.  It's amazing my husband wants to still be married to me.  

My dad's bishop graciously agreed to help us today, and right before the blessing he asked me if there was anything we'd like to do or say before Ellie was blessed.  I was physically and mentally exhausted. I hurried and thought and told the bishop to have my dad say an opening prayer and that we'd have those attending sing the first verse of "I Am a Child of God".  There are two songs that I sing to Ellie that always seem to cheer her up when she's sad.  "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "I Am a Child of God."  We finally sat down.  When our friends and family started singing "I Am a Child of God", Ellie looked around with those big blue-green eyes (like "I know this song!") and then looked into mine.  I was suddenly overcome with emotion and reminded that this beautiful baby girl IS a child of God.  And it's MY job to teach her that.  Nothing else matters.  Not who may have said what to me this week, not that Ellie's blessing hadn't gone according to the original plan, not that our car had been stressing me out, not that I was exhausted and had a dirty house to go home to and clean from our crazy week and we have x-amount of dollars to last us until payday.  The ONLY thing that matters is that I teach that little girl that has been trusted to me WHO she is.  She IS a child of God, and He loves her more than I can even comprehend.  I can't imagine there is anyone out there that loves Ellie more than her daddy and I do, but there is.  And I need to make sure she knows that.  

Clay gave Ellie a beautiful blessing.  When Clay was blessing her, I couldn't help but be reminded that I had made the right decision in marrying him.  It was so special to see my husband hold and bless our daughter.  He is an amazing daddy, and the best husband.  He is my best friend and the answer to so many of my prayers.    

My beautiful family.  I NEVER thought I could feel this much joy.  
The Weathersbys
The Carters
The Caltons (G had to work)
Ellie's dress.  She looked so freaking cute.

Our matching bracelets.  I will cherish this little bracelet forever. 

Toad was holding Ellie and she was giving the best, cutest smiles.  

Seriously.  I die!!
Thanks mom, for not letting me lose my mind and for telling me over and over and over "I will take care of it, you enjoy this day."  I enjoyed this day.  So much.  

Thank you Clayton for being my rock and for being the man of my dreams.  Seriously.  It sounds so cheesy, but all my life all I've ever wanted is to be married to a man who I could laugh and cry with, who would support and love me and lead the way for the family we would have.  Clay - you have only been a daddy for three months.  I know it has brought emotions you never ever thought you would feel and that there are times you've been scared to death of this little girl.  Being a parent is hard.  But you never cease to amaze me with the love you show to our daughter. Thank you for treating me like your queen - you are showing our princess the way.  I hope one day in the FAR far away future when Ellie starts dating boys, she will say that she wants a boy who treats her like her dad treated her mom.  I love you.  

Thank you Elliot. You are the most beautiful little girl I have ever laid my eyes on.  You have brought so much joy into our home.  You have such a strong mind at only three months old - I am a little nervous for your teenage mind that I will encounter in a few years! :)  You have brought light into so many people's lives already in the short time you have been in our family.  I will always ALWAYS be here for you, and I promise you I will do my best to give you everything you need and deserve.  I will do everything in my power to help you succeed. I won't be perfect.  I will screw up.  More than once.  But I will tell you I'm sorry.  I promise our home will always be a place you will feel safe and loved.  Your daddy loves you.  I love you.  I will ALWAYS love you.  

Thanks to those who came today - there are a ton of pics I didn't post here as Bran still wants to go through them.  We have the most amazing family and friends.  Ellie is so lucky to have you all - and so are Clay and I.

What a good day.  I'm grateful for days like today where I feel the spirit and am reminded of what's truly important.  


No comments:

Post a Comment