I turned 26 this last weekend.
I'm closer to 30 than 20. Gross. Haha.
My birthday was also our second anniversary. I normally work Saturdays, and took this one off work. Then, Clayton got invited to go duck hunting (thanks dad). Since I'm such an awesome wife and he works so hard for us, I let him go duck hunting since it's the only Saturday he'll get to go without having to find a sitter for the babe.
 |
| Second Anniversary!!! |
Clay went hunting, and I met my dear friend from the fifth grade, Nicole, for lunch at Olive Garden. It was so yummy and so good to catch up.
Then, my mom, G and Toad and I went shopping and hung out.
 |
| Grandpa G bought Ellie a new baby doll because she "slobbered on it and he couldn't put it back". This kid is spoiled rotten. |
Sunday, we had family pictures with mom's fam. We set the timer on Bran's camera and took the pics ourselves. We are pretty much the most un-photogenic family ever. But it was full of good laughs. Bran will probably kill me for posting some of these un-edited, but ohhhh wellll...... And I'm not posting the big family pic because it's a surprise for Grandma T.
 |
| Ellie's face in this pic cracks me up! |
 |
| All smiling. |
 |
| John and Whit. |
 |
| Best. Picture. Ever. |
 |
| My beautiful mamma and G-dizzle. |
 |
| Siblings. |
 |
| And best friends. |
We then went to my dad's house to watch Ephraim's Rescue as a family. You always hear the trials the Pioneers faced when coming to Utah from back east. But there's something different about actually SEEING what they went through - it makes it so much more real. Black feet. Freezing temperatures. The starvation and the desolation. And then to hear of the miracles that took place for these saints - wow. Between that movie and the little bit of Conference I was able to catch (I like reading/studying Conference talks after they are published...just a personal preference, but if I can catch Holland, Uchtdorf, and Bednar I'm a happy girl), it was a nice, spiritually refreshing weekend.
I loved spending time with my family. It seriously was the best weekend I've had in a long time.
 |
| Aunt Kenzie reading to Ellie. |
 |
| Clay and Ellie after the hunt. |
 |
| Me and E. P.S. The hair color change? Too red for me. It will be changing again soon. Ellie has a nice rash on her face from her constant drooling. Kinda sad. |
 |
| Ellie's picture day get-up. |
 |
Ellie Grace smiling at her daddy in his camo.
|
Something about spending my birthday with this little made it the best birthday ever. (Minus the fact that I'm practically dead.)
No comments:
Post a Comment