Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Ellie Grace : Four Months

Ellie is four months old.

You heard me right.

Four months old.

Four months old with a cold.  Kinda moody today.  

When Ellie was super tiny (who am I kidding, she was never that tiny), I used to think I wanted her to be a newborn forever.  I've changed my mind.  Watching her grow and learn is the funnest, most rewarding thing!  It's happening much too fast, but it's a blast.  (I didn't mean for that to rhyme...moving on.)

Ellie is starting to be a little more independent.  Great for me!  I can now put her in her new exersaucer (thanks Gateway friends!) or lay her on a blanket on the floor or in her crib and it's easier for me to do those wonderful, every day things like shower or fold laundry.   



She's found her voice and she loves the way it sounds.  She talks all the time now.  During FHE at my dad's house, Kenzie was reading a few letters from her baptism (see Great Eight post) and Ellie thought it was her turn to talk too.  It was almost as though she was trying to talk over Kenzie.  Sooo funny (Kenzie didn't think so.)   When you talk to Ellie, she definitely tries to talk back.  And when she gets really tired, she will talk really loud and for long, long amounts of time.  Clay and I always crack up laughing because it's almost like she gets so tired she's hallucinating and trying to tell us about all the crazy crap she's seeing.  If I can ever figure out how to post video on here of it, I will.  You'll see what I mean. 

Ellie loves books.  We read to her quite a bit, but she has these little bath time books we found at WalMart and they are her favorite toys (to eat, haha).  Ellie's Great Grandma DeAnn bought her a new board book the other day - and Ellie loves to read (eat) that book too.

The night we had FHE after Kenzie's baptism, we walked in the door and my dad wanted to hold her.  He had her for about thirty seconds before her bottom lip started to quiver and she started to cry and look for her mom.  I took her, and she stopped crying.  It then became a competition between my entire family to see who could hold Ellie without her crying.  Kristen took her.  Ellie started to cry.  I took her back and she stopped.  Grandma DeAnn took her.  Ellie started to cry.  I took her back and she stopped.  Whitney took her.  She did pretty good with Whit (I think because we look alike).  But soon enough - Ellie started to cry.  I'm not sure if it was just a bad night for little miss, but I think she's starting to get pretty attached to her mamma.

Ellie still thinks her daddy is pretty neat.  When he's home, she's started reaching for him.  The mornings we have off together, I'll bring Ellie to our bed when she wakes up.  Clay is always half asleep and Ellie will reach out and touch his arm like she's saying "Good morning dad! I'm so glad you are home today!"  She has also started to show her violent side.  She likes to pull my hair and scratch Clay's face. 

Like father like daughter.  

On September 22nd, little miss decided it was totally cool to hold her own bottle.  The pic is pretty dark because it was nighttime and she was supposed to be going to sleep.  And the bottle only had about an ounce in it, so it wasn't heavy.  But at 106 days old?  Holding her own bottle?  What a champ.  She's done it a few times since. 
Sorry these pics are dark - it was bedtime!


On September 24th, I put Ellie down for a nap.  I heard her wake up on the monitor, and went to get her.  This is how I found her :



Ellie had rolled over.  In her crib, by herself.  I couldn't believe it!  Well... don't you worry.  Ellie is now rolling all over my house like a boss.  She has figured out how to maneuver herself in different directions while on her belly.  She can push the entire weight of her lower body up with her legs, and the weight of her upper body up with her arms.  It's only a matter of time before she puts two and two together and is crawling.  Crawling people!  She hasn't figured out how to sit up by herself yet though, so that might buy us some time before I have to completely baby proof my home.

Look at how buff my baby is.  I'm in so much trouble.  

She's generally a pretty happy baby.  She's still a great night time sleeper and a horrible napper.  So when she's tired - she's a grouch.  On the flip side, the only time I really get to snuggle her is when she is tired and falls asleep on me.  (Not much of a cuddler.)  She's still a pretty good eater. She is wearing 6 month clothing now.  3 month bottoms fit her perfectly, but the tops are tight.  (Still my skinny miss!) She is in size 2 diapers.  We have our four month check up in a few days, and I am curious to see how much she weighs and how tall she is. Not excited for shots though.  :( 

I still get pretty bad anxiety when I leave her.  I thought it would get easier to leave the older she got.  Not so.  The last grave shift I worked, she fell asleep before I left and Clay put her to bed while I was getting ready for work.  I didn't get to kiss her goodnight or tell her I loved her.  I cried in the car on the way to work.  I got over it, and still think work is a nice mental break, but jeesh!  I never thought that I would be such a crazy emotional mom or that I could love someone this much!

Getting soooo big!!

Ellie Grace, I think you are pretty neat.  You are my everything.  Happy four months baby girl.  Thanks for letting me be your mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment