Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 in Review

Some of the highlights from 2013....

January 

Clayton officially started working at the prison.

We found out our baby was a girl!  :)

Whitney got engaged.

February

Clay's sweet grandma Jane passed away.  We were able to go to Arizona to attend her services and visit with family there.

May 

Whitney and John got married!

I went on maternity leave.

June

On June 8th, five days late, our beautiful baby girl entered the world!

We went to Lake Powell.

July-August

We went camping.

We spent the Summer getting to know our baby girl.

We went fishing.  A lot.

I returned to work.

September

Ellie was blessed by her daddy.

October

I turned 26.

Clay and I celebrated our second anniversary.

Matt and Cynthia were sealed.

Ellie celebrated her first Halloween and got her first tooth!

November

Ellie's second tooth.

Ellie's first Thanksgiving!

Ellie sits up and rolls like a champ.

December

Ellie started crawling.

Clayton turned 25.

Ellie is six months old.  (HALF A YEAR!!)

Ellie's first Christmas.  :)

2013 was my best and hardest year.  I became a mother.  This year will always, always be special to me.  I carried our baby girl past term, gave birth, and have had the joy and privilege of raising her.  I wrapped myself in being a mother.  It has been wonderful and time consuming.  So time consuming, that I haven't thought of much else.  And that's okay, and I am proud of what I have accomplished and learned.  But wow, did this year slip by.

2014 is going to be about me, my little family and our future.

I have written several goals down.  And they are goals I will accomplish.  I'm not sure if I will post them here or not, because I feel that's what my personal journal is for.  Maybe if I feel the need to, I will later.

But I plan on being a better me at this time next year.

I hope everyone has a safe, and happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment