Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ellie Grace : 7 Months


Guess who is 7 months old today?  

I have a love/hate relationship with Ellie getting older.  I miss Ellie being a tiny little baby so much.  But every day, she get's more and more fun.  

I'm not sure how tall she currently is or how much she weighs.  About two-ish weeks ago, we went to the insta-care with her, and she weighed 17 lbs, 6 oz.  (I swear, it seems like we are at the doctor all the time.  We aren't.)  

TMI alert!!  With this last bout of sickness I had, I'm sad to announce that Ellie had to be introduced to formula.  I had the okay to still nurse her, but my body couldn't produce.  Now that I'm feeling better, I'm able produce once again, but it isn't what it once was.  So now Ellie's feedings are being supplemented with formula.  I guess I'm okay with it - minus the price of a can of formula.  

We have introduced those little dissolvable Gerber cracker things to her and she loves them.  (We do have to break them into pieces.  She hasn't quite figured out how to chew a whole one.)  She got a new high chair for Christmas, and she loves to sit in it and eat her little crackers and babble.  Her little voice is so cute.  As for baby food?  Meh. It's now hit and miss.  She has to be in the right mood to eat it or she'll perform her latest trick - biting the spoon and spitting out whatever you got into her mouth.  She's a monster.  She loves pears and raspberries though.  Still her favorite.  

As for sleep... She's still a bad napper.  She's been sick, so napping has been a little more regular which has been nice.  But if she's feeling well - all she wants to do is play.  As for sleeping at night, I am happy to announce that night three of sleep training (see yesterday's post) went pretty well.  We stuck her in her crib around 7:45 pm.  She screamed for about twenty minutes, and put herself to sleep.  She woke up around three in the morning, but I just sat in bed and listened to the monitor to see if she would put herself back to sleep.  And she did!  She woke up around 6 this morning, ate, and went back to bed until 8:30.  I tell you what, I love this baby in bed early, mom gets to read and actually gets a good nights sleep thing, haha.  Hopefully by the end of the week she'll have adjusted and we won't have as many tears.  But I think sleep training is going well. 

Ellie is everywhere.  She has mastered crawling, and has even stood up on her own for a few seconds a few times.  She got spoiled rotten for Christmas, and she loves playing with her new toys now that she's gotten used to them, haha.  The first week after Christmas, she wanted nothing to do with them.  

She says "mama" all the time, and has just started saying "baba".  While I don't think she actually associates me with the word "mama" or her bottle with the word "baba", it's still pretty cute.  She also spits and screams a lot to entertain herself.  Her Grandma Kari taught her patty-cake, and she does it all the time now.  At church last Sunday, whenever someone would come to the pulpit and speak, she would applaud.  It was pretty cute.  

She has also learned that when you say "cheese!" you are supposed to smile.  And now, she hams it up EVERYWHERE and at the funniest, most random times.  

Cheese!!! Bahaha.
7 months old!

Look how big she's gotten...

Newborn Ellie.
7 month old Ellie.
....I'm going to go cry now.  :)

1 comment:

  1. What!?!? I love her! Her little cheesy smile is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete