Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Ellie Grace : 9 Months Old

Elliot will be 9 months old tomorrow.  I can't believe it.  She's almost been out of my belly as long as she was in it.


I'm doing this post a day early because - to be perfectly honest - I just don't see myself having the time to do it tomorrow.  And a day early means today is Uncle Toad's birthday.  Hence, the "I Love my Uncle" onesie.  I had totally forgotten we bought this onesie until I was going through Ellie's clothes this week.  This will be the only time she wears this onesie, because she's now officially in 9 month clothing and this is a 6 month-er.... Oooops.

I could probably squeeze a few more weeks out of her six month clothing, but I'm ready to put them away and move on.  Her 9 month clothing is still a little big on her, but it's better than being too snug.  She's still in size 3 diapers.

I have no idea what she weighs or how tall she is.  Ellie goes in for her 9 month shots next week.  It will be the first doctor appointment I don't get to go to thanks to some necessary re-scheduling.  Daddy will be on his own, haha.  And I think he's going to have a hard time seeing little miss get poked.

This has been the longest month of my life as a parent thus far.  Ellie has spent the ENTIRE month teething.  And teething is so hard on my poor girl.  Lots of tears, fevers and not wanting anyone but her mommy.  On February 19th, Ellie's front, right top tooth broke through.  I hoped her little body would give her a break in between teeth, but the second top left tooth broke through on February 25th.  And as soon as that second tooth came through, 9 month sleep regression started.  My baby went from sleeping through the night, to waking up every. single. night.  multiple. times.  and with lots and lots of screaming and tears.  Add that to being cooped up inside because it's cold.  It's been a long month, haha.

She hasn't had much of an appetite this month - I blame teething.  It seems like I have days with her where I'll fight her to get her to eat, and then the next day she acts like I starved her.  She is still drinking breast milk and formula, still eating baby food, and staring to eat a few things that Clay and I eat.  She still hasn't mastered the sippy cup.  She thinks it's a toy, and throws it across the room anytime I give it to her.  So really, nothing new this month.

Ellie is standing on her own now.  And on March 4th, she took two steps before falling on her little bum.  I think one day she's going to just take off walking.  She dances, does patty cake, waves hello and goodbye and if you ask her, she'll say "mama" or "dada".



She LOVES books.  We read a lot.  Her favorite book is Dr. Seuss' ABC book.  As you can see - while I was taking these pictures, she spotted the ABC book and wanted to read it.  I found a smaller, board book version at Barnes & Noble the other day - it's now a diaper bag staple.  It goes EVERYWHERE with us.  And I may or may not have it memorized.  


She's into EVERYTHING.  That's the bottom of her changing table she's crawling through.  By the time I had grabbed the camera, she was halfway out.  See all of the things that should be on the changing table on the floor?  She's a monster. 


I was able to snap maybe ten pictures today before she was done and wanted to play in her messy, messy room and eat a tractor.  So that's it for this month.  I hope next month is a little easier.  I love you baby E.  



No comments:

Post a Comment