Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

February is OVER!

Please forgive my blogging absence.

We are still alive.  

I was blessed with MORE work from home.  When I've had down time lately - I'm working.  And due to a baby emergency of one of my co-workers, I've also had some extra shifts pop up that I've been able to take.  Oh yeah - and I keep another human being alive all day.  That keeps me busy.

My dear sweet husband is in the middle of interviewing with two separate police departments.  To those of you who have been through  any part of this type of interviewing process - it's a lot of time and work, and a little bit of stress.  But hey - if he snags a job, we will be grateful.  Oh yeah - and he works.  A LOT.

And Ellie?  She's been a mess this last month.  One word - teething.

Add all that and life in general together - and holy crap.  February is over.

Here are a few highlights.


On Valentine's Day, we hit up the hunting expo with Grandpa Ross, Aunt Kenzie and Aunt Kelsey.  My dad shot a mountain goat that won some taxidermy award at the show - so we had to go see it.  


At the end of the hunting expo, Ellie was all tuckered out.  


Ellie and I eat a lot of suckers.  She loves them.  (And before somebody texts me or calls me telling me how unsafe it is, she never eats them unsupervised.)


Grandma Kari babysat cousin Mylee, so of course we had to go hang out.  


Pretty much impossible to get everyone looking at the camera at the same time.  Fun Fact : Mylee and Ellie are almost exactly a year apart.  E was born on June 8th 2013 and M was born on June 10th 2012.  If I had to have been induced, they would have had the same birthday.  


Great Grandma T came to visit.  We miss her.  A lot.  One of these days, we aren't going to let her return to Colorado.  


We ate more suckers.  


Ellie is standing up.  Like a boss.  Here she had just thrown all of the clean laundry on the floor and is standing up waving her arms and screaming.  (Do you like my chair/box baby fence surrounding the TV?  Ellie is figuring out how to get around it... I'm going to have to figure something out one of these days...)


Clay had a day off one day, and the weather was really nice (for February) so we went to the petting zoo at Thanksgiving Point.  


Here's Ellie at the duck pond.  The whole time we were here, her daddy kept telling her that "ducks are the enemy" and "one day Grandpa Ross will make you first mate on the SS Duck Slayer".  (The SS Duck Slayer is my dad's duck hunting boat.) This poor girl will grow up thinking ducks were made to put bullets through.  And Ellie - if your daddy is like mine, we probably won't see him much during the hunting season.  Don't worry though - we'll have lots of girl time.  :)


(Let's be honest.  Ellie didn't care much for the animals.  She liked the goats though - I think because they were the loudest animal there.)


And at the end of our petting zoo adventure, Ellie got to ride a pony.  (She was unimpressed.)


However, this may be one of my new favorite pictures.  I love these two more than I could ever put into words. 

And that - in a nut shell - were the funner things that happened in the month of February.  I really, REALLY hope March will be a little slower and easier for us, but so far, the first week has been a blur, and next week doesn't look any better.  The way things are going - I might not be posting again until April.  Guess we'll see.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment