On March 13th (Grandma DeAnn's birthday), Ellie weighed in an 18 lbs and 10 ounces, and 28 inches long. She's grown two pounds and four ounces and one whole inch since her six month appointment. She's just above the 50th percentile now in both height and weight. And her little melon measured 17.8 inches. She's growing!!
I thought kids got shots at 9 months, but I guess I was wrong. She won't have shots again until her 12 month appointment in 3 months (did I really just type that?!?!) Ellie just got her flu booster - and Clay said she hated it.
The doctor asked about her teeth - and Clay told him she had just cut her two top teeth. The doctor took a look inside her mouth, and informed us that yes, Ellie had cut her two top teeth BUT she was also cutting the two teeth on either side of both her top and bottom front teeth. That means Elliot is cutting SIX TEETH AT ONCE. It's hard to see unless you look with a flashlight, but he's right. You can see SIX little teeth coming in. No wonder the last few weeks have been so hard!! My poor girl!!
This week has been insane. Clay had things he had to do Monday and Wednesday for testing, and I ended up working a grave shift Sunday, a swing shift Tuesday, and day shifts Wednesday and Thursday. I haven't worked a forty hour week since I was 8 months pregnant. The nice thing is that Clay has had to take a few days off for testing, and so me being able to work a little extra has been very helpful. Plus - Clay has been on daddy duty the entire time. It's been good for him to be able to spend so much time with little miss. I've missed her like crazy, and since I've been home with her today she has NOT let me out of her sight. Haha. I don't mind. I haven't been able to stop kissing her.
Clay and I went on a date Wednesday night. We haven't done that for awhile. We were in Ogden for part of Clay's testing, and that night Clay's mom watched Ellie while we went to Boondocks in Kaysville with some of his friends from high school. It was a lot of fun. Thursday night after I got off work, we headed to Lehi to celebrate Grandma DeAnn's birthday. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. My grandma means a lot to me. She's lived with my dad for as long as I can remember, and has been like a third mom to me growing up. In looking for a birthday present for her, I found the perfect one.
She loves Willow Tree figurines. And this is EXACTLY how my grandma rocks with all the grandbabies when they are sleepy. She did it with my little sisters - especially Kenzie - and she does it with Ellie Grace. My grandma doesn't get emotional very often. I've only seen it a handful of times. When she opened this present, she got all choked up. I knew I'd hit the jackpot. Then she ruined the moment and told me "make sure you get this back when I die." Hahahaha ohhh DeAnn.
It's been a long, long sleep deprived week. Clay works today, we both work tomorrow, and he works Sunday. Then it's Monday. And assuming my work doesn't call me begging me to come in, and assuming we have no surprise phone calls on Monday asking Clay to come fill out more paperwork for this or that, I'm HOPING to have a nice day off with my little family with NOTHING to do but run to the grocery store. Fingers crossed. We haven't had a nice relaxing day together in weeks. Seriously. Weeks. I'm hoping all this running around will be worth it. I know the extra shifts have been worth it - Clay and I have paid off quite a few little debts this year. We have had to do some adjusting to our financial goals - they may take a little longer to pay off than we originally anticipated. But the important thing is that we are moving forward. I find myself getting frustrated that it's not happening as quickly as I would like - but I just need to be patient. It took time to get into this position, and it will take time to get out. If I were working full time - it would go a lot faster. But I also know there is no more important place for me to be than home with my little girl. So I just need to relax and count my blessings. I may not have everything I want, but I have everything I need. (ANNDD if things keep going the way they are going, we will be sealed by the end of the year - if not sooner. Neat, huh?)
P.s. I think I forgot to mention we got a new puppy last month. Clay's parents adopted Sisi after the baby was born - it stressed Sisi out so much that she was losing hair by the handful, and unfortunately it never got better. We got a little miniature schnauzer, and we named him Duke. Having another baby in the house has been a challenge - but it's slowly getting better. I'll have to post a picture of him one day. Duke and Ellie are pretty cute together.
Life is good friends. It's not easy - but it is good. To the few of you who read this - thanks for being in my life.
And since the biggest reason most of you check out this blog is for pictures of the babe, here's how I found Ellie sleeping the other night. She's the most insane sleeper - just like her dad. Cool hair, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment