I stopped working a week earlier than expected at the beginning of May. My body couldn't handle it anymore and my doc wanted me to take it easy and kept telling me how he thinks this baby is coming early, ya de da de da. He's a liar. More on that later.
![]() |
| I think I'm between 36 and 37 weeks here. Right after I stopped working. |
Because I stopped working early, I was able to help a little more with getting Whit's wedding thrown together. My amazing mom, up until about two/three weeks ago, has been working two jobs and finishing her Masters degree. She has been soooo busy. She finally graduated (so proud of her!) and stopped working at the surgical center, and we were able to do lots of fun things. Like shop and eat food and make pretty flowers for Whit's big day.
![]() |
| Whit and mom and my prego bridesmaid dress. |
![]() |
| Whitney and John. |
![]() |
| After I helped Whit out of her dress and right before she and John left on their honeymoon. :) My baby sis is married! (I'm just about 38 weeks in this picture.) |
We packed up the reception, went to JCWs and ate a bunch of food, and then I started having contractions. I've had contractions off and on, but these contractions were 4-6 minutes apart. Neither my mom nor my stepmom had any clue that they were going into labor when they had their babies, so they both talked me into going to labor and delivery to get checked out. My back has been a total mess this pregnancy and I was in more back pain than normal, so we thought I was maybe experiencing back labor. So, after the longest day ever, about 1 in the morning and after a blessing from he and my dad, Clay and I checked into labor and delivery. Only to be sent home a few hours later and told I was experiencing "dehydration and exhaustion." (Off-topic: Today I read a celebrity gossip column where Beyonce is supposedly prego with her second baby because she cancelled a show due to "dehydration and exhaustion".)
You know all those fun pregnancy terms like dilation, effacement and station that give you hope that your baby will be coming soon? Well... my doctor gave me some numbers last week that made me very hopeful we would be meeting our daughter very soon. The labor and delivery nurse from hell on Thursday night? She gave me a bunch of different numbers that were smaller than those my doctor gave me, and made me cry. So while I've been told all along that this baby will most likely "be here early", now I realize more than ever that our daughter is just like her mother : stubborn - and probably won't be here until July.
I hope the next time I post, it's not in July, and it's a very happy announcement. Baby girl, if you happen to read this blog in-utero - your dad and I are very ready to meet you. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment