Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude Challenge : Day One

I can't believe it's November.  Late last night, I decided I was going to participate in the 30 Days of Gratitude Challenge - but rather than post on Facebook,  I'd post here since I one day plan on turning the blog into a bound book to serve as a sort of memory book one day.  (Which means I need to post more...anyways...)

30 Days of Gratitude Challenge : Day One (November 1st)

Today, I am grateful for.... you guessed it.  My husband.

At our reception in 2011.
I rant and rave about how grateful I am for this man all the time.  And I'm going to take this opportunity to rant and rave about him a little more. 

There is no doubt in my mind that I met Clay when and how I did for a reason.  He is hands down the best thing that has ever happened to me (aside from my daughter.  But without him, I wouldn't have her.)

I am grateful for this man's love, because without it, I wouldn't be who and where I am today.  I can't tell you how many friends and family members have made this comment to me over the past two and a half years I've spent with him : "Kort, it is so good to see you happy."  I love how genuinely happy I am.  And I love that others around me notice it.  I can say without a shadow of a doubt that a huge part of the reason I am so happy is because this guy took a chance on me and taught me about what it really means to love a person unconditionally and despite the faults they may have.  His love has brought out the very best in me.  I feel like I have blossomed as a person since I have been with him - as corny as that may sound.  But it's the only way to describe the transformation that has taken place within myself since Clayton came into my life.   

He supports me, he encourages me, he takes care of me.  He makes me laugh, he wipes away my tears, he listens to me and helps me be the best mom I can be.  He's the hardest worker I know (case in point - he's taken two weeks off at the prison, and guess what he's doing on his paid vacation?  Working 81 hours at his on-call job so we can have a nice Christmas this year.  Some vacation, eh?)  He's the most amazing daddy to my Ellie bug.  Watching him love her has only made me love him more.  He is a such a good person inside and out. 

We aren't perfect.  And we get on each other's nerves sometimes (we're both pretty stubborn and impatient.  It happens.)  But he is my best friend, and I couldn't pick a better one if I tried.  I love you babe.

Our family.  October 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment