Five months old!!! (Three days ago....)
 |
| I have been taking a lot of pictures lately and messing around with them. This is a super cheesy edit, but I think it's pretty cute, so I'm posting it anyways!! FIVE MONTHS OLD!! |
I have no idea where time has gone. Next month Elliot will be six months old. That's half a year. I can't believe this gorgeous girl will have been in our lives for that long, it feels like she just got here!!!
At Ellie's four month appointment on October 10th, she weighed in at 14 lbs, 11 oz. But then the nurse handed me a paper that says she only weighed 14 lbs, 7 oz. So.... she weighed somewhere in that range, haha. Whatever she weighed, it put her in the 90th percentile for weight. She measured 26 inches tall. She is in the 100th percentile for height. I can't remember what her head circumference was. But she has a big head. :) She got kind of sick after her four month shots. She had a fever and wouldn't eat or sleep. We finally got over that, thank goodness.
We went to the doctor a few days ago (on November 7th) because we thought little miss had an ear infection. No infection, just a hard core cold and teething. But she weighed 15 lbs, 13 oz. She's a big girl!
 |
| Newborn Ellie |
 |
5 month Ellie
|
 |
| It's getting harder to take these monthly elephant pics of Ellie. She's all over the place! |
She's wearing 6-9 month clothing. I was so proud of myself because I bought all of Ellie's summer clothes for next year at Kohls on clearance for like $38.00. But silly me - I bought 12 month clothing. I probably should have bought 18 month clothing, because she'll probably be in 12 month clothing in January.... oh well. We will either find a way to make it work, or donate them somewhere or something. She's in size two diapers - but I don't think she will be for much longer.
 |
| Elliot's new face. We call it the "old grandma with no teeth" face. |
Ellie is seriously becoming so much fun. She has now started solid foods. We started with rice cereal, and she HATES it. She will not eat that stuff. Everyone keeps telling me things to mix in it to make it more tolerable, but I've just started mixing a small amount in with her milk to keep her fuller longer. The first food we tried was bananas. She liked bananas. We then tried applesauce - and she likes applesauce. We tried peas. She tolerates peas. We tried peaches and pears. She likes pears, but man. This kid LOVES peaches. Loves them. I love feeding her - it's so much fun. She's a hoot! I think we are going to try squash next.
 |
October 10th: The first time we fed Ellie cereal. I feel like this picture accurately captures the emotions felt by all that night, haha.
|
 |
| October 30th - LOVES peaches. :) |
She is rolling all over my house. She's really good at rolling on her belly, and has just started rolling belly to back. She can get anywhere she wants to go by army crawling - that's the only way I know how to explain it. And her favorite place to be when I lay her on the ground to play is under our coffee table in our front room. When I lay her down, it's just a matter of time before she's maneuvered her way under the coffee table. I'm just waiting for her to konk her head on it - but it hasn't happened yet. It's only a matter of time before she's crawling!
She's definitely figured out who mom is. She's thrown a few temper tantrums to make her way into my arms. She loves her dad, but definitely prefers mom right now. I don't mind. :)
She's found her voice. She talks ALL the time. It's sooo cute. She loves to smile, but getting her to giggle is kind of tough. She has started blowing spit bubbles and making all sorts of crazy noises with her mouth and tounge. She is getting really good at grabbing things and playing with her toys. She loves books. And in her exersaucer/jumper - she bounces all around. I need to get her one of those Johnny Jumper toys - I think she would love it. She is a pro at sitting up. Her legs are so strong and she loves to stand (while holding my hands of course).
 |
| Reading with her daddy after his workout. Cell phone pic... gotta love the quality! |
 |
| I helped get her into this position, but.... she loves to stand. |
She has been better at taking naps - but I attribute that to her teething. She's been kind of a cranky little bugger - especially the last few days. Little miss has had her first cold. Coughing with a runny nose. Nights are especially bad because she can't breathe, so I've had to sleep with her on the couch with us both sitting up. We do the humidifier, saline drops and bulb syringe to try and help her feel better, but I think the only thing that is going to fix her is time. It's been really sad, but I've gotten some awesome cuddle time in with her the last few days. I hate that the only time she'll snuggle me is when she's completely exhausted or doesn't feel well. But I guess I'll have to take what I can get.
Speaking of teething - Ellie got her first tooth on Halloween. I really hadn't noticed it until she grabbed my finger, shoved it in her mouth, and bit me. It's her front bottom left tooth. Then on November 10th, her second tooth appeared. (Her bottom right front tooth.)
 |
Grandma Ginger took Ellie and Aunt Cia to get their ears pierced on October 28th. I had hurt my hand (inflamed muscles) so Clay held her while she got pierced. The gal piercing her ears said she was one of the best babies she had ever pierced. It was super fast - only about ten seconds - but Ellie cried afterwards. My cousin McKell recommended having a bottle on hand to put in her mouth as soon as she was pierced. So as soon as we got her out of the booth, we gave her a bottle and she stopped crying. Thanks McKell! I always wanted to get her ears pierced, but was really nervous about it. But I am so glad we did it - they are so cute!! Grandma Ginger bought her first pair of earrings - pink pearls. We picked pearls because they are Ellie's birthstone.
 |
| Aunt Cia and Ellie before.... |
 |
| ....and after!! |
 |
| See? Soooo tiny and so cute!! |
The eyelashes on this girl.... I have no idea where they came from. I was trying to get a good picture of her teeth, and got this picture. Going through the pics later, I saw this pic and was floored. My girl has BEAUTIFUL eyes. And those lashes! To die for!!
 |
She's kinda boogery in this picture, so ignore that. Poor kid has been sick. But look at those eyes and eyelashes!! (This pic is NOT edited. Those eyes sparkle.)
Ooooohhhh baby girl......
|
......happy five months of what will be an amazing life. You are so loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment