Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude Challenge : Day Two

30 Days of Gratitude Challenge : Day Two (November 2nd)

Today, I am grateful for my daughter.

Took these fun fall pics a few weeks ago.  Haven't gotten around to editing them yet, but I'm going to post anyways. :)

When I found out I was pregnant, I KNEW that this little girl was coming to our family for a reason.  And about two weeks ago, we figured out what I believe is just one part of Ellie's mission here on this earth.  It's pretty personal to my family, so I won't be posting it here on our public blog.  But I can't wait to tell her one day when the time is right about the impact she has already had on the life of one of my loved ones.  My heart has been so full of gratitude - especially lately - that this perfect little angel came to our family when she did. 

Elliot is the happiest, most independent little baby.  She is always smiling.  Everywhere we go, people always comment on how happy and content she seems.  She has brought joy and love into my home in ways I didn't think were possible. 

A few days ago, Ellie had woken up in the middle of the night, and when I got her back to sleep, she fell asleep in my arms.  I fell asleep too.  In the morning, I woke up to her stroking my face with her little hand.  Normally when she reaches for my face, she's trying to yank my nose off or pull my hair.  But this particular morning, she was being so soft and gentle.  I looked down at her and she was staring into my eyes.  As soon as we made eye contact, she gave me the biggest smile.  It was as if she was saying "good morning" and "I love you" in her own special little way.  It melted my heart into five billion little pieces.  I will seriously remember that special moment for the rest of my life. 

Becoming a mother has been nothing short of amazing, and I am so grateful to have this experience.
I'm SO lucky to have you in my life baby girl.  I love you more than all the stars in the sky.

See how red her face is??  She would NOT stop eating the pumpkin.  I'm obsessed with this little munchkin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment