30 Days of Gratitude Challenge : Day Seven
Today, I am grateful for my mom and step dad, G.
My mom and I haven't always had the best relationship. Her and I have made choices in our lives that have affected the relationship we've had in the past. But something changed when I got pregnant with Ellie. She was there for me every step of the way during pregnancy. She was there for me in the delivery room, holding my hand (actually, my legs, haha). She has been there for me now as I'm learning to be a mom to my little bug. The way I look at my mom has changed since Ellie has been in our lives. I look at her with a whole new admiration and in a totally different light than I did before. Suddenly the mistakes she has made don't matter because she is human, and I now understand the love my mom has for me. She would NEVER intentionally hurt me. And I know that the mistakes I've made don't matter to her. She loves me no matter what, in a way that only a mother can and that only a mother understands. My mom has taught me how to be forgiving and how to be strong.
My little sis and I talk a lot. She and I have been talking lately about how grateful we are that we have our mom and G. They taught us how to be kind and empathetic. To be sensitive to others feelings and to help those in need. I remember dropping off dinners and Christmas gifts to families in need on more than one occasion when I was little. Doing hospital donation drives and fundraisers. Teaching us to give people the benefit of the doubt and to be more understanding. My mom is one of the most caring, loving people I know. I know for a fact that any patient that is lucky enough to get her as their nurse at the hospital is going to be well taken care of. My mom says she is anti-social. And she is to a certain degree, haha. But my mom is the person who has taught me how to love and see the good in others, and for that I am grateful.
And G-dizzle? He has taught me more about being financially smart than any one else. That man is a freaking money genius, haha. He has taught me about getting and staying out of debt and that if you want something, you have to work hard for it. It's not going to just fall into your lap. I remember times in my life where he had three jobs. He's also taught me that if you work hard, it's okay to play hard. He makes my mom happy, and he is pretty freaking hilarious if you can get him to talk. :) Out of all the grandparents Ellie is blessed with, he has been my favorite to watch. He loves Ellie so much, and spoils her rotten. If you wanted to get technical, Ellie is his step-granddaughter. But he treats her just like his own, and it means so much to me.
| Second time mom held Ellie. |
| First time G held Ellie. |
I'm very grateful to have these two in my life, my husband's life and my daughter's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment