30 Days of Gratitude Challenge : Day Six (November 6th)
I'm a day behind again. To be fair, I have a good excuse. Little miss has a pretty bad cold. She's constantly coughing and has a runny nose (the first of many). We have spent the last two nights up all night, sleeping in an upright position so Ellie has an easier time breathing. Between teething and this cold, I'm one tired mama.
![]() |
| Horrible cell phone picture quality. But this is what my life looks like right now. |
Today, I am grateful for the jobs my husband and I have. Clay's job is awesome (although sometimes he doesn't think so.) The pay gets us by, we have amazing insurance, and he gets fifteen days off a month (if he doesn't pick up overtime). I'm sooo grateful he has the time off that he does because he has been able to really spend time with Ellie and watch her grow up. So many other dads aren't as lucky. He is such a hard worker and an amazing provider. Ellie and I are lucky to have him.
I'm grateful for the job I have for several different reasons. First, it's so flexible. I'm only scheduled one day a week, but have the option to work more if I need to or feel like it. Second, Ellie only needs a sitter twice a month! And lucky for us, my mom and step mom are close by and able to help. It gives me peace of mind to know Ellie is with someone who loves her when I'm at work. Third, as much as I hate leaving Ellie, once I'm at work, those few hours away are a nice mental break. I've had a job since I was fifteen. I think if I were to quit working cold turkey, I'd probably go crazy. I really believe working makes me a better mom. While one day, I hope to stay home full time, right now I'm not ready to make that transition. And the extra money I bring home is helping us get out of debt and reach our goals. The one day a week I work brings home more than a part time, minimum wage night job would, and for that I am also grateful.
I know Clay and I are lucky to have the jobs we do - especially in this economy. I'm also grateful he and I are able to provide for our daughter and get to spend so much time with her. We are blessed.

No comments:
Post a Comment