Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude Challenge : Day Three

30 Days of Gratitude Challenge : Day Three

Today, I am grateful for my my apartment.

Yes, I live in an apartment.  It's a very nice apartment, and it works well for our family right now.  Our upstairs neighbors can be obnoxious, and they have a really, really loud dog that drives me nuts.  Often times, I wish our apartment were a home and that we weren't wasting money on rent every month.

This morning as I left my house at 5:20 am to go to work, I had to wear my coat and pull it extra tight against my body to stay warm.  The wind was blowing hard, and it was cold.  When I got in my car, the temperature read 42 degrees.

I work next to a homeless shelter.  Driving past it this morning and seeing people wrapped in blankets lying on the grass outside made me realize how lucky I am to have a warm place to lay my head at night.  It made me grateful that my husband and I have the capability to put a roof over our daughter's head and that she has a safe place to live and play.  It made me say a quick prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father that I don't have to subject my family to the dark world that often comes with the way homeless people live - drugs, prostitution, theft.  (For those who think the homeless don't deal with or do those things - it's a very real part of their world.  I see it every day.  I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't.)

Suddenly, my apartment didn't seem so bad.  And although I know that one day Clay and I will have our
own home, I don't really care if I have to pay rent for the rest of my life.  The place I call home right now is much more than so many people have and for that I am grateful. 

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your gratitude posts! You have the right attitude towards everything! I will love reading these throughout the month!

    ReplyDelete